Friday, December 28, 2012

Musings on Meditation

Perhaps it's because I am about to do my first four-day silent meditation retreat, starting tomorrow.

Or maybe it's because the last few days, with all the holiday activities, life has been so hectic and I needed space.

All I know is that when I sat down at my meditation table this morning, I immediately felt a glowing energy rise up inside me.

I sat in silence, just feeling my breath slowly coming in, and slowing passing out.

It was completely and utterly peaceful.

And it just went on and on and on. I drank a full cup of tea (which usually means I'm done meditating)
and then went to the kitchen and made a second cup. I came back to sit once again at the table, with the euphoria and peace that I had found just staring into the candle.

At some point I started thinking, "I just never want to stop meditating." I felt a sense of transcendence and joy and love that cannot be described in words.

And so now, I suppose, I'm ready for the retreat.  I don't expect four days of euphoria. I'm not sure what to expect.

But I'm excited to spend this time and space apart from life, listening to the voice, and the silence, within.





No comments: