Sunday, March 25, 2012

READING


By Camincha

I don't want to read
all there is to read.

Really, I don't.
All these lovely stories
that sound so charming. And
often end so commonplace.
I write them myself. Of course
not commonplace, though!

Really don't want to read other's
except they beg me. Like a kitten
scratching at my ankles
for attention, they beg me to caress their
lines with my eyes. To share
their turn of events. To turn the page
and keep up with the story. I do, and feel
good afterwards, like when I share
a cup of coffee with Mary even though
I should have gone on with the house cleaning.

Turning the pages I find out about foreign
lands and exciting characters, though more
often than not I find out about people just like me who also
enjoy and survive and hurt and read about
others like me.

Camincha is a pen name for a writer who lives in California. She is a frequent contributor to MyStoryLives.

“…………But Camincha wants to take in continents and hemispheres. She is a woman of extraordinary vitality, passion and a hunger for life. Read her, enjoy her.” Michael Krasny KQED FM

1 comment:

camincha said...

I love it. Ur painting is soooooooo eloquent.