Friday, March 25, 2011

CATCHING UP WITH SPRING


“On my morning walk I spotted a mossy green area along the brook that runs adjacent to the trail I hike. The sunlight was streaming in through the trees and it lit the area up making it seem sublime. The area felt so alive and so I snapped a photo. When I downloaded the picture from my camera I was pleasantly surprised to find a rainbow prism of light streaming into the photo; this felt magical to me and it reaffirmed how full of life the spring woods are.”
-Kellie Meisl

Writer and artist Kellie Meisl, of Pittsfield, Massachusetts, keeps a blog called Walk, in which this image appears (for some reason, the prism appears there but not here!) A visual artist, she relies on dreams as a springboard for her work. In 2009, she published her first book, "Dream Stories: Recovering the Inner Mystic." Her visual art, including the collage "Shattered Cups," which appeared on the cover of Seeing Red, can be viewed at her website: www.kelliemeisldreamart.com.

No comments: